Academy Member Inducted 2023
- Practice Commenced: 2015
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 300
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 50
- SIERRA VISTA
Judge Hicks recently retired from the Maricopa County Superior Court after serving more than 23 years on the bench, during which she presided over civil, criminal, juvenile, probate, and family court calendars. Judge Hicks will use her years of experience in the courtroom to provide constructive dispute resolution services through the mediation of family and civil law disputes and to serve the interests of children as a parenting coordinator.
Prior to her time on the bench, Judge Hicks was in private practice focusing on domestic relations and corporate law. She has taught civil trial practice seminars for second and third year law students at Arizona State University.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Trusts / Estates
- Master’s degree from Boston University
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Vassar College
- Juris Doctorate from the Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law at Arizona State University.
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Arizona (1984 – Present)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (1984 – Present)
- Mediation Certificate from National Judicial College
- American Bar Association Judicial Intern Opportunity Program (2008 – 2015)
- Arizona Supreme Court Judicial Ethics Advisory Committee (2008 – 2011)
- Thurgood Marshall Inn of Court (2007 – Present)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association (2001 – Present), Executive Committee (2005 – 2010)
- Associate Dean (2005) and Dean (2006), Arizona Judicial College
- Arizona Office of the Court, Committee on Superior Court (1999 – 2003), Subcommittee on Child Support Guidelines (2003)
- Who’s Who in the World, in America, and in American Law (1999 – Present)
- Judge Pro Tem of the Maricopa County Superior Court
- Valley Leadership, Class XIX (1998 – 1999)
Please call for details.