Academy MemberMap & Directions
In 2011 Judge Edward O. Burke (Ret.) retired from the Maricopa County Superior Court and started a full time and mediation, arbitration and special master practice civil and family litigation.
In his twelve years on the Maricopa County Superior Court, Judge Burke was assigned to the civil, criminal, and family law departments. On each of these assignments, he conducted numerous settlement conferences. He served two years as the Presiding Civil Department Judge and, most recently, three years as one of the court’s three complex litigation judges.
He served for two years on the board of the Arizona Judges Association. Judge Burke has lectured on civil litigation at the National Judicial College and at numerous bar CLE programs. He was a panelist at the 2009 conference of the National Structured Settlement Association and at the 16th Annual West Region Construction Defect & Insurance Coverage Conference.
In 2009 he received the Judge of the Year award from the Phoenix Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and in 2010 the Judicial Integrity Award from the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association. In 2011 he received the Distinguished Service Award from the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel.
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Railroad & Trucking
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Masters in Business Administration, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 1985
- Juris Doctorate, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 1966
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Binghamton University 1963
Memberships & Affiliations
- Past President, Thurgood Marshall Inn of Court
- Fellow, Arizona Bar Foundation
- Chairman, Lawyer Referral Committee, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, Convention Committee, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Civil Practice and Procedure Committee (1994-1999), State Bar of Arizona
Member, Debtor Creditor Rights Committee,State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Member Assistance Committee, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Executive Committee (2007-2009), Arizona Judges Association
- Board of Directors Maricopa County Bar Association (1977-1978)
- 5th District Delegate to the Young Lawyers Committee 1968, New York State Bar Association