- Practice Commenced: 2005
- Total Mediations (as of May 2019): 300
- Total Arbitrations (as of May 2019): 75
Michael R. Murphy is a trial attorney practicing primarily in the area of personal injury litigation (plaintiff and defense). He has practiced throughout Northern Arizona for over 35 years, handling numerous jury and bench trials, both in Superior Court and Federal District Court. Mr. Murphy is certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a Specialist in the area of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation. Over the last several years, Mr. Murphy has used his trial experience to help guide parties to a fair and just resolution of their cases through the mediation and arbitration process.
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles) Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - 1969
- Arizona State University, College of Law Juris Doctor (cum laude) - 1972
- Certified Specialst - Personal Injury and Wrongful Death - State Bar of Arizona - 1990 to present
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Arizona President (1994-95); Member, Board of Governors (1988-1996) “Member of the Year” (1998)
- Supreme Court of Arizona, Committee on Character and Fitness Member (1987-1989)
- American College of Trial Lawyers* Fellow
- International Society of Barristers* Fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers* Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America* - Personal Injury Litigation (1991-present)
- Southwest Super Lawyers* - Personal Injury (2007 to present)
- Commission on Appellate Court Appointments Member (1998-1999)
- Yavapai County Bar Association President (1978)
*Membership in these organizations is extended by invitation only and not by application. Membership is limited to a select group of trial lawyers who have demonstrated superior trial skills with strict adherence to all ethical guidelines.
$350 per hour for Mediations and Arbitrations.
If proceeding is held outside of Prescott, travel is billed at one-half rate, plus expenses.