Academy Member Inducted 2011Map & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Nevada, New MexicoOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Court-Appointed Neutral (Special Master), Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Facilitation & Systems Design, Fact Finding, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial Judge
- Practice Commenced1980
- # of MEDS (as of 1/12/23)175
- # of ARBS (as of 1/12/23)225
Online / In-Person
- SIERRA VISTA
Mr. Landau is a professional and specialist in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), particularly as a Mediator, Arbitrator and Group Facilitator; serving in national and international venues, in a variety of industries including business and commerce, real estate, construction and healthcare.
A published author on these subjects; he has presented national and international interactive educational training programs for ADR specialists, attorneys and other professionals. Contrary to the thought "those who cannot, turn to teaching" - with Jerome it is more appropriate to state "those who excel, should also to teach and share the wisdom of experience."
Prior to becoming a full time ADR professional, his law practice was national and international in nature. His international business clients were based Europe and Asia (India, Bhutan, PRC and Taiwan.) His career included serving as legal counsel and adviser to national and international businesses, and their leaders, in a variety of industries including government, business, commercial, real estate, construction, medical, healthcare and nursing homes. He has litigated cases in a variety of federal and state courts; served as a litigation consultant in international venues; served for multiple years as a Judge Pro Tem of the Superior Court of Arizona, an Arbitrator in the New York Civil Court, on a U.S. District Court arbitration panel. For one year he coordinated what was deemed th largest national federal intelligence investigation of its time. He was also legal counsel and western adviser to the Kingdom of Bhutan and members of its Royal Family.
LandauLaw.org and ArbitrationMediationWORKS.com websites present a broader version of Jerome's diversified background, experience and "presence" on the national and international business and government scenes; as well as some of the "Personal Side" of his life and passions, which are sometimes as important as the professional experiences. He has been permitted to serve as legal counsel, and confidential adviser, to some internationallly known clients of a level which few, if any other U.S. lawyer can claim; and twice been an invited Presenter of programs at the United Nations.
Of additional interest is Jerome's service as an Adviser and "Strategic Coach", through which his personal and confidential guidance has been trusted by individuals who have held government and private leadership and financial positions in a wide variety of industries in national and international venues. These include government officials, a Monarchy and Members of a Royal Family, international United Nations ambassadors, national and international industrialists, scientists, professionals and others.
Jerome's ADR expertise and leadership has been recognized through his invited admission to, and in some cases leadership in various prestigious ADR panels. These include as a Diplomated of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals ("NADN"); the American Arbitration Association ("AAA", Arbitrator and Mediator status on the Commercial, Construction, Large/Complex Case, Real Estate and Healthcare Panels; and as a AAA Regional Adviser); the International Mediation Institute ("IMI", based in the Hague, Netherlands); Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA", Arbitrator and Mediator); the U.S. District Court - Arizona (Arbitration Panelist); New York Civil Courft (Arbitrator/Mediator), the international Association for Conflict Resolution ("ACR", Chair-Commercial Section and Chair of its international, construction and real estate committees); the Advanced Commercial Mediation Institute ("ACMI", Chair, six annual international programs co-sponsored by AAA and Harvard Law); U.S. Arbitration & Mediation (Arbitrator and Mediator panelist); Construction Dispute Resolution Services (arbitration, mediation and DRB panelist).
Jerome has facilitated online mediations and arbitrations utilizing both ZOOM and Webex.
Jerome was twice invited to present workshops at the United Nations, where a United Nations publication described him as "bringing techniques for conflict resolution to those endeavoring to bring peace to the world." He is also a contributor of articles to "ACResolutions", an international magazine serving dispute resolution professionals, and formerly served on its Commercial Editorial Board.
- ADA Disability
- Arts (Fine/Performing)
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Elder Abuse
- Eminent Domain
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Libel & Slander
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Native American
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Venture Capital
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Brooklyn Law School (N.Y.) (1967)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Baruch School of Business, City University of New York (1964)
- Special Agent (Financial Investigator), U.S. Treasury Department - legal, financial and investigative training and service (1968-71)
- Graduate, Realtor Institute (GRI, 1998)
- 900+ hours- mediation, arbitration, facilitation as an attendee and/or presenter of national and international programs (live and webinar).
- 900+ hours- attendee and/or presenter of real estate & construction training programs.
- Numerous online mediaton and arbitration programs (attendee and/or presenter ABA, NADN, SBA, mediate.com; and others.)
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (Diplomate)
- International Mediation Institute (testimonials @ IMIMediation.org - keyword "Landau")
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) Multiple Neutral panels (Arbitrator and Mediator); Member -Regional AAA Leadership Council
- Chair (former): Advanced Commercial Mediation Institute (ACMI)
- Chair and Presenter (former) six (6) annual 2 day ACMI international conferences (in venues throughout the United States)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA - Arbitrator and Mediator)
- Arizona Superior Court Arbitrator; Judge Pro Tem
- State Bar of Arizona - ADR Section Leadership Council; former Chair.
- New York Civil Court Certified Arbitrator (former).
- U.S. Arbitration and Mediation Panelist (former).
- Local, national and international Leadership in Conflict Resolution organizations including :
- Chairman and/or Leadership Council, Commercial Section of the International Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- Co-Chair (former): ACR Commercial Section- International Committee and Construction/Real Estate Committee.
- Founding Co-Director: Arizona Association for Conflict Resolution
- AAA Phoenix Regional Commercial Advisory Panel
- Co-Director: Arizona Dispute Resolution Association (former)
- President (former): Maricopa County Association for Family Mediation.
- Author (former): AC Resolutions - International Conflict Resolution magazine
- Editor (former): - Commercial Issue, ACResolutions
- American Bar Association and Arizona State Bar - ADR Sections
- Empirical Mock Arbitration Panelist -sophisticated Banking & Financial Matters
Please call 480.203.9903. Jerome